The Functions of the Guild:
- to provide for continuing education
- to supply valuable information to members
- to combat unfair competition
- to promote the economic interests of the profession
- casualty insurance for members
The purpose and function of the Guild consists in organising educational tours, lectures, discussions and numerous other activities to further ongoing professional education.
Guild members are continuously provided information regarding laws and decrees, as well as matters related to trade and taxes. The Guild also takes a stand on problems arising from tourism in general, and mediates on behalf of the profession with the appropriate authorities.
The Guild intervenes in cases of unfair competition (for example from unlicensed guides), and aids its members in building contacts with customers in Austria and abroad.
Members are kept abreast of the activities of the Guild by means of a monthly newsletter.